We’ve covered why it’s important to optimize your images and how they can help to drive traffic to your site. The same goes for optimizing your video content. Though video searches are more competitive than image ones, they’re still a great avenue to drive qualified traffic to your website, especially if the site you use to upload and release your video uses dofollow links.
So the question is, after all that hard work creating and optimizing your video content, which websites will do their part and create those great dofollow links? Well, here you go folks, our list of 11 great video sharing sites that use dofollows:
- Blip.tv – Google page rank: 7
- VideoBomb – Google page rank: 6
- Viddler – Google page rank: 6
- WonderHowTo – Google page rank: 6
- Ovi.com – Google page rank: 6
- Graspr – Google page rank: 5
- ConstantComedy – Google page rank: 4
- ImBroadCast – Google page rank: 4
- Daily Motion – Google page rank: 3
- JustVideo.ca – Google page rank: 1
- Viewdo.com – Google page rank: n/a
According to Webmetrix, when optimizing video content, be sure that you customize your description, include tags, and write a headline that uses at least one keyword phrase. If you can include a link back to your website in the description, try to use keywords when creating anchor text; and link back to deeper pages.
We would suggest not posting the same SEO video on each of these sites, as with any other type of content, you don’t want a whole bunch of duplicates out there. Pick 1 or 2 and use your social media to promote it. Tweet a link to the video, share it on your Facebook page, write a blog post about it. And speaking of video content, have you seen our SEO video newsletter?
Let us know what you think of these tips and if you have a favorite video sharing website that uses dofollow tags!